Concept of Has and Have for kids with hands on activities

Today I was teaching my student the concept of "Has and Have". I was thinking that how and where to start?

Firstly, I was trying to teach him on copy but after spending a lot of time he was unable to learn the concept of has and have. 

Then, I decided to teach him through some activity.
I decided to teach him some singulars and plurals first.

Singular                    Plural
dog                             dogs
cat                               cats
pen                               pens
table                           tables
pencil                        pencils
bag                               bags



When he learnt these singular plurals then I collected some pencils, erasers, sharpeners, and colors.

I put one color and many colors on the other side to show him the concept of one and many. When I was completely  satisfied that he has learnt the concept of one and many then I told him that we will use has for one thing and have for many things.



I wrote "He, She and It".
 When he learnt these words, I told him that we will use "Has" with these words.

After that, I wrote "I, You, We, They". He learnt these words, then I told him that we will use "Have" with these words.



We will use "has" with singular and he, she, it.
We will use "have" with plurals and I, you, we, they.
After doing all this we practiced some simple phrases using he, she, it, singulars, plurals, I, you, we and they. 
And I was very surprised that he learnt very well.
I loved doing all this.  

Conclusion:

  • Never stress your child to learn from book or copy. Always try to have some other ways of learning.
  • Try using fun activities from your surroundings to make your toddler learn any concept. In this way he will not only learn fast but also will have more urge to learn more concepts.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class room rules for kids

Concept of shapes for kids

Number learning and activities for kids